Monday, March 30, 2015

Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 1 15oz can of organic chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
  • 3 Tbs agave syrup (can also substitute 1 TBS of maple syrup for 1 of the Tbs of agave)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips or sweet cacoa nibs

Directions:
  1. Wash canned chickpeas in sink in strainer.
  2. Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, agave syrup, and vanilla extract in a food processor until smooth.
  3. Transfer "dough" into a mixing bowl and gently fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Chill in refrigerator or freezer until cold. (This tastes much better chilled than at room temperature).
I've been trying to eat healthier in anticipation of swimsuit season. I found this recipe here, and knew I had to try it since I've always been a bigger fan of the raw cookie dough than the actual cookie. This tastes just like cookie dough without the guilt and calories! It's the perfect treat to keep you on your health goals!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. oh wow this looks so interesting! I need to try it
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat that right now!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat that right now!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I will have to try this. I am trying to eat healthier, too. It can be so hard!
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how yummy looking! Thanks for sharing!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete