- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red food colorings
- maple syrup
- Sift together first six ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and next three ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into the large bowl full of dry ingredients.
- Prepare your griddle. (Heat to 350 degrees and grease with butter).
- Pour some of the batter into a bottle with a small tip.
- Draw the outside of the heart on the griddle with your bottle. Then fill in the heart with batter.
- Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and strawberries!
Hi Everyone! I've been doing the 14 Days of Valentines for Sky over the past week (you can see some of my past ideas here), and this was one that I did yesterday. It was so yummy, and not hard to do at all! Try this for a loved one on the big day, it's guaranteed to make them smile and feel special!