Monday, January 5, 2015

Home Tour: Master Bedroom

 

Bed: Target (not available), similar | Nightstands: Furniture Row | Dresser: RC Willey (not available), similar | Gold Frames: Zgallerie | Gold Tree: Zgallerie | Lamps: Home Goods | Throw & Rug: Home Goods | Comforter: Zgallerie | Bench: Zgallerie | Chair: DownEast Home | Signs: Etsy | Monogramm Mug: Anthropologie (sold out, makes an appearance every Christmas), similar

Hi Everyone! Skyler and I moved into our home about a year ago, but decorating has gone very slow. Our master bedroom is the closest to being finished so I thought I would share it with you today! We wanted our bedroom to be the most soothing place in the house and really feel like a sanctuary. The golds and creams definitely helped us to achieve what we were going for. The room has a lot of natural light that plays off perfectly with our color scheme. I plan to add a basket or small end table next to the chair, but for now I'm pretty in love with how everything turned out. We tried to add personal touches around the room. On my nightstand (the one with the gold monogram mug), is the wedding toast my grandmother gave at our rehearsal dinner. She gave it to us for our 1 year anniversary and I love that we have a record of that toast forever! The signs above the bed are another of our favorite things about the room. They are really significant to us because I came to Utah for law school so Sky and I didn't have to do long distance for more years as he finished his undergrad (he went on an LDS mission so he was a little farther behind than me). It ended up being a great choice for me educationally and professionally, but the signs still remind me every time I look at them that my relationship with Sky is the most important thing in my life! When I found the signs on Etsy I knew they were the perfect addition to the space.

I hope you enjoyed a tour around my bedroom today! Danica and I will slowly share more of our homes as we get them completed! Happy Monday!

XOXO,

29 comments:

  1. what a flawless room! It's absolutely beautiful. And insanely clean!! Come clean my place ;)
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm obsessed! It's so warm and inviting. You've done a great job:)

    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really nailed the whole 'place of sanctuary' here! I love it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's like a model home, just beautiful! Come redo my house!! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful room! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    Would you like to follow eachother other on twitter? We are: twitter.com/floralssmiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely room, love how warm and inviting it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop! I thought this was a pinterest post for a second. Your bedroom is amazing. I love the colors and textures! Decorated to perfection!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous space! I love how fresh and clean everything looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG your bedroom is perfection. The decor was worth the wait for such a great turnout!


    michellespaige.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeously cosy deco!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have the same mug. J for the win!
    I love the memory verse canvas. The colour theme is gorgeous
    and very relaxing.

    Much love!
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful room! Can't wait to see more!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing room ! :)


    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks so luxury !

    www.madamedaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful. You've done a terrific job here. Congrats to you both.
    Happy New Year
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful bedroom.... great job!!!
    Hope your new year is going fantastic!
    Happy new week!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous! This is totally our style.
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This room looks amazing !
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the decor of this room. So serene and calm.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I love the light-tone neutrals with the punches of black!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful room! Just so gorgeous!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously, how do you ever want to leave your room! I would stay there forever! Gorgeous!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great post! :)
    x from Poland, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I love color white painted rooms. It looks so fresh and serene to stay there. Beautiful place <3

    Have a nice day, Brooke and Jane! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it!!! I wish my room was all white ,something like this! So JELLY!!! haha :)
    ••• vrgov.blogspot.com •••

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so loving the design of this room. So chic and I am also loving the colors. Beautiful.

    K. of Pure & Complex
    purecomplex.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing pics, dear! Love that room!
    Have a great day!
    <3
    http://theshimmeroflife.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's totally alright if the decorating process goes slow. I'm sure amidst the process of buying the necessary furniture, the time to look for the perfect pieces is also slowing things down. Anyway, I'm at least glad to know that the master bedroom is already primed to perfection. It looks great, by the way. Kudos to you! :)

    Grady Schwartz @ iDesign

    ReplyDelete