Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Danica's Fitness Goals for 2015


This post is a little scary for me. Once I put my goals in writing for all to see I have to stick to them right? Let's be honest, everyone has their challenges with weight loss goals whether it be health issues, hormone problems, genetic issues, or you just plain don't want to workout and eat healthy!
I will be the first to admit, I have a serious sugar addiction. I get headaches half way through the day if I don't get my daily dose of the stuff! (anybody know this feeling?) To be honest getting rid of sugar has been a goal of mine for many years. I always cut it out for a few months of the year, but end up going back to full sugar overload. That has to count for something right?

1. Cut out sugar!!

This year I want to get rid of the stuff completely. I have some pretty good motivation behind this goal. I have had a skin condition for quite a few years now. I have been told by a few dermatologists now that I am allergic to my own sweat and that if I stop working out it will go away. Um NO THANK YOU. I have done some research on my issue and the problem is caused by a thing called yeast or Candida. The fact that it is coming out on my skin shows me that I have a serious over growth of the stuff. Wanna know what yeast feeds on?? SUGAR. So this year not just for a flat tummy but for my overall health and well being I want to cut out all of the processed sugars in my diet for a few months in hopes of clearing up my skin and then just keep my sugar intake to a  minimum after that.

2. Run another half marathon.

I have always loved running and for the last few years done a few half marathons every year. Ever since I got married and started working 2 jobs, running has taken a back seat in my life. I miss it so much, and am making a promise to myself that I will get back into it. Running and training for races has been the easiest way for me to reach my fitness goals in the past.

3. Cross-train and weight-lift more.

As I said I have always been a runner. However I ran so much that I ignored the importance of stretching and weights in my routine. (Which in turn caused injuries...and taught me the importance of including those things). I have been getting into weights and cross training because of this cold winter we are having, and the last thing I have wanted to do is go out and run at 9:00 at night when its 10 degrees. But can I just say, I have seriously noticed a difference in my body. I gained 10 pounds not running anymore, but my body is not flabby, and I think I can chalk that up to the weights. I want to stick to it and continue to up my weight and get stronger!

4. Drink More Water

We all know that drinking water is suuuper important in the grand scheme of weight loss. So on that note I want to drink more water! I know it will help with my headaches and overall well being.

5. Stay away from soda.

I cut out soda a few months ago and so far it hasn't been difficult to avoid, but I know I will get to the point when I'm craving a cold diet coke so goal #5 is to continue avoiding all soda. The fact that it is horrible for us helps me want to avoid it. Here is a helpful article if one of your New Years goals is to get rid of soda.

6. Meditate more.

I know how important meditation and calming our minds is... but I seriously suck at it. I have the hardest time taking a minute to slow down and smell the roses. So this year I want to work on incorporating more yoga and meditative stretch into my life. It always feels so amazing!

7. Incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet.

I have been downing the green smoothies for the last week and eating extremely clean. That is not realistic everyday forever, but I am going to stick with it as long as I can. I want to up my veggie and fruit intake this year and keep the green smoothies in my diet. Just one week and I'm down 5 pounds and my skin looks amaze!

What are your New Year's resolutions?



19 comments:

  1. Ok can I steal your entire list!? I'm so with you on the sugar, it's like an honest addiction.

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great!! I wish you the best of luck with everything :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am staying away from soda too! I don't drink that much as it is but still. These are great good luck!

    XO Chelsea www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals :) xo

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you are motivated for 2015 too!! and snap, drinking water is also one of my goals this year haha, good luck!! X

    icing-for-joy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great resolutions. sugar is definitely a hard habit to break, so I am with you on that. I have trying to get more veggies in my diet for a while. I just bought a Veggeti, so I am hoping that will do the trick. Fingers crossed!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are also perfect! I really need to cut out sugar more! I'm seriously an addict too!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your goals for the year!

    michellespaige.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals! I would definitely love to hear more about your quitting sugar journey as this is something I NEED to do as well. I crave a sweet after every meal and it is quite the worst habit I have!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking more water is always a goal of mine! Keeping a refillable water bottle with you at all times really helps!
    Alexis @ thelittlebrunette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweets and sugar? It's like my guilty pleasure.
    Wishing you all the best with your list. I'm planning on training for marathon as well. Best of luck!

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could stay away from soda.. I allow myself one per day :)
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could definitely use meditation in my life, but it's so hard to just be STILL and free my mind of clutter! These are all great goals!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome goals!!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That’s true; staying on your fitness goals can be challenging at times. Sometimes, there are a lot of hindrances along the way. That’s why it’s important to stay focused on one's goals. And writing it down is a good way to keep that focus. This will not only document your progress, but also serve as your reminder. Also, it will be helpful if you will start with the easiest task on your list and make it a routine. Maybe start on number 4, which is drinking lots of water. It’s very easy to do, since it's something you already do, though now you have the task to make sure that you drink enough. Plus, it gives you the nutrients and strength that you need to accomplish your other goals.

    Judith Harvey @ AquaPerfect

    ReplyDelete