Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Danica's Current Makeup Must-Haves

Jess shared her favorite makeup items here, so I thought I would share my favorite makeup products today!

Brows:
I have never had thick brows and unfortunately it took me until my 20's to discover filling them in makes such a massive difference. If you do not have a brow pencil or powder and have thought about trying it, my personal all time favorite is the Jane Iredale Bitty Brow Kit. It is so easy to use and comes with a wax to tame your brows before using the color. It comes in a lighter color for blondes and a little darker for brunettes. Suggestions Salon carries all of the Jane products, this one just happens to be the one I can't live without.


Eyes:
I have deep set eyes and am not a huge fan of eye shadow since it makes me feel like my eyes are giant black holes. I usually stick to the safe side and use light pinks and golds. Some of my very favorites come from Mary Kay. This Ballerina Pink Matte Shadow is my go to for the lid and this Sparkling White Shimmer Shadow is ideal for the inner corners and under the brows. I also like to use this shimmer powder from MAC to add a little shimmer to the mix here and there, it's massive and will last me the rest of my life!

Under-Eye:
Are any of you like me and look like you got punched in the face when you don't have your concealer on? Yeah I can't leave the house without mine on. I have tried a lot of different concealers and this one definitely takes the cake. It's a favorite of Maskcara as well so you know it's a good one.


Lashes:
Since I do eyelash extensions those are my favorite of course, but if I don't have them on I always use the Ultimate Mascara from Mary Kay. I have tried basically every mascara ever made and this one is my favorite for building and lengthening my little baby lashes.



Foundation:
I have been pretty blessed to have clear skin so I don't go for the heavy coverage foundations. 80% of the time I use a loose mineral powder. If I do use a foundation it's typically this one as it goes on very light and I can barely tell I have it on.
Bronzer:
I am in love with bronzer that can double as contour powder, and this one does just the trick. I have been using this bronzer since high school and I have yet to find a better one!
These are all of my go-to favorites right now, but I'm always trying new things and experimenting with products! What are your make-up must haves currently?

XOXO,


19 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about filling in the brow. I need to try that little kit - its adorable!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it doesn't look harsh and painted on!

      Delete
  2. Love the bronzer and the brow kit! I'm going to try it, I have noticed it makes such the difference.

    xo,
    Claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try that brow kit! I'm always needing/wanting anything that I believe will help my brows!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need a brow kit. Like bad.

    Happy Tuesday ladies!

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this one is a must try, it is so easy to use and it doesn't look like you drew on your brows!

      Delete
  5. Loving these makeup faves- I'm soooo into brow products right now. The Anastasia Brow Wiz in my go-to!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard really good things about that one!

      Delete
  6. Talk about eye problems. If I wear pink eye shadow I will look extremely sickly. Haha. Darn. The bronzer looks perfect.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to try an eyebrow pencil.. I will have to give it a whirl :)
    I use Nars for my bronzer and love it.
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing makeup products selection! These products look great! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. Never tried bronzer before I thought it seemed pointless but might have to get it a go!

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if anything the shimmer it gives your face is the best :)

      Delete
  10. I'm currently searching for something new to update my brow routine, thanks for sharing this kit!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great choices!! My goal is to make 2015 the year of the eyebrow because you are right- it makes a huge difference!! I color mine in with a pencil, but I need to invest in some good powder and a wax pencil. I'll keep you posted! ;-) Thanks for sharing!!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These items look fabulous!

    God bless,
    XO,Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete