Wednesday, January 28, 2015

14 Days of Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays! A few years ago I started a tradition of surprising Sky with gifts every day leading up to Valentine's Day. The first year I surprised him on January 31st with a box of 14 things I loved about him (one thing for every day leading up to Valentine's), his favorite chocolate bar, and a small gift. Then the fun began. Every day I would surprise him with either gifts or dates. We had so much fun, and once Valentine's Day came along we were more than ready to celebrate the big day! I thought I would share some of the ideas I have used over the past few years. They can be given in any order!

February 1st: Redvines and a RedBox Gift card with a note that said it could only be used on movies he actually wanted to see.
February 2nd:  I made his favorite pie with a note that said "You're my sweetie pie." I made a pie that his mom usually only makes once a year so he was pretty excited.
February 3rd: A candy gram made with all his favorite candy.

February 4th: "You rock my world." Poprocks and an iTunes gift card.
February 5th: Breakfast in bed. I made these cinnamon rolls.
February 6th:"I've got the hots for you" I gave him something special;)

Days 7-10 Skyler was out of town on a business trip so I packed him envelopes to open every day!

February 7th:I wrote him a letter telling him my thoughts on our wedding day. I included a box of Reeses Pieces because "I loved him to pieces."
February 8th: I wrote him a letter telling him all the things I appreciated about him, and I gave him his favorite Poptarts because "he's a popstar" to me. (Cheesy I know).
February 9th: I put famous love poems in an envelope for him to open.
February 10: I gave him a church talk about marriage.
February 11: On day 11 he came back from his trip and I had sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries, and his favorite thing from Taco Bell waiting for him along with an invitation for him to be my Valentine.

February 12: New cologne.
February 13: A coconut Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcake because "he's my cupcake."
Valentine's Day: A skinny tie and a dress shirt for our big night out!


You can find more ideas here. (Sorry for the poor picture quality, these pictures were from 2012 when I didn't have a good camera).

Will you be trying it this year?

XOXO,

5 comments:

  1. such a cute idea!! I love Valentines Day too!
    xo,
    claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this idea it is so cute!! :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the idea! I am so bad at creative V day things !!
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah your man is very lucky! You went all out girl but I love it. Too bad I don't have a special other though :o(

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete