Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Fat Busting Smoothie


Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Trop 50
  • 1 banana
  • 2 clementines
  • 2 TBS flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup mangos
  • 2 cups of kale
  • 1 cup ice
Directions:
  • Combine ingredients in order listed in blender until smooth. 
  • Add more liquid and ice to achieve your desired consistency.
  • Serve immediately.
It's pretty obvious that the new year makes a lot of people think hard about getting healthier and losing weight. You can't watch tv or surf the web without seeing some type of advertisement for a gym or a new weightloss product right now. We talked about goal setting in Monday's post, and I definitely fit in with the crowd desiring to get healthier and lose weight. Green smoothies are a great way to do that, and I'm going to try and drink a few green smoothies a week to help me achieve my goals. This recipe is a great one for losing weight and the fruit helps hide the 2 cups of kale. It's a great way to sneak fruits and vegetables into your family as well! I got my Blendtec a few months ago and I have to say it's been a life changer in the smoothie making department. Having a setting that makes a perfect smoothie every time and can grind basically everything is pretty helpful.  I know everyone seems to sing praises about the Blendtec, but it's well deserved (and no, we aren't sponsored by them)! 

We hope that your last night of 2014 is amazing, and that you get to spend it with your loved ones! We have big plans for 2015 and can't wait to share them all with you! We will be taking tomorrow off, but look for Friday Favorites on Friday!

XOXO,


13 comments:

  1. This looks so good!! :D

    Happy New Year!
    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I hate the way green smoothies look, but usually love the way they taste!


    michellespaige.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good smoothie!!! Thanks for the recipe..I can't wait to try it!

    Love, Laura
    www.loveandsapphires.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to start making smoothies this year, and this looks like a good one to start with. Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make something very similar with swiss chard instead of kale. I will have to try this version!
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so yummy! For sure making this! Happy New Year!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds pretty good! I need something to get me motivated to eat healthier. The Christmas chocolates have made me so sluggish and lazy!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried anything like this before but sounds really intresting! I'm not too sure I'd like the taste but would like to try it out sometime :P

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for a marvellous 2015:)
    Καλή Χρονιά!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything with kale and banana and I'm there! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great smoothie. Thanks for sharing. Happy new year!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally true about the new year and weight loss ads. I love this post and the smoothie looks amazing. Such a great share and find! Thanks so much. Hope you had a lovely NYE!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good recipe to try in 2015:-) Have a fabulous new year! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete