Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Finding the Right Bra

I have been thinking for awhile now about doing a post on the one thing I hate shopping for the most... A BRA. Seriously is it just me? I have gone with the crowds the last few years and purchased my bras at Victoria Secret. They are pretty pricey in my opinion and the last few that I have purchased do not last very long. The elastic stretches out and they just start to sag way before I would think a $50-$60 bra should. So lately I have been investigating tips on how to make sure you buy the perfect bra.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE FITTED PROPERLY: It seems like every time I go get a bra and am re-measured they tell me that I am a different size than I previously was. Does this happen to anyone else? I can see that if my weight was going up and down my tatas might change, but it's not! I trust the girl who measures me, try the bra on (it seems to fit good enough), but then as I wear it for a few days the elastic starts to ride up my back and I am constantly having to adjust the straps. 

Try the following tips next time you are bra shopping:

Step #1: Stand straight and relax. Don't inhale and expand your rib cage as if you're about to blow out candles.
Step #2: Using a soft tape measure, measure all the way around your body, placing the tape measure right beneath your breasts (example: 30 1/2). If your measurement is an even number, add four to that number. And if you're an odd number, add five, rounding up if necessary to the next even number. Congratulations: You've found your band size.
Step #3: While wear a bra, measure completely around the fullest part of your bust (across your nips) without pulling tight. Make sure the tape measure goes around your entire back. Do this in front of a mirror so that you can make sure the measuring tape isn't dipping down in the back.
Step #4: Subtract the number from your band size (38-36=2). The result will indicate your appropriate cup size, based on the following guide:

0 = AA
1 = A
2 = B
3 = C
4 = D
5 = DD
6 = DDD

I tried this at home and came up with a different bra size than I was last measured (what the heck). I wear the thing everyday so I should probably find one that fits!

I also found this super helpful info and video on Nordstrom's site.

Maybe I am just clueless, but this all would have been good information to know on my last purchase. Hopefully I have taken some of the struggle out of it for all of you so your next trip to the undies department is successful. 

Where do you get your bras, and why do you love them?

XOXO,



2 comments:

  1. You nailed it with this post this is something we all struggle with at some stage of life thank you for sharing!
    http://lachiquitamissi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Finding a bra is so hard!

      Delete