Tuesday, December 2, 2014

DIY Metallic Striped Vases

Hey everyone! We have got the cutest DIY for you today! I've been lusting after the vases in this post for forever, so this weekend Danica and I decided to make our own. They were so easy to make, and we couldn't wait to show you all how to make one for yourselves! Enjoy!
Start with a clean glass vase and painter's tape.
Place the tape in the design you want. The sky's the limit with what you can do. Danica and I stayed relatively simple for our first try, but you can try these designs as well. Make sure the edge that will meet the paint is sealed to the vase by running your finger over the edge. 
Grab some metallic spray and get to work! Remember to keep your spray paint layers light. Its better to have to do multiple layers than to do a heavy one right away and have drips. 
Danica wanted to make a flower arrangement for her new house so after she painted her vase she poured craft water into it and arranged her flowers.
Gently peel the tape off your vase.
Tada!!!!

I already have several fake flower arrangements around my home so I decided to just do a cute vase for my kitchen counter for when Skyler brings home flowers (hint, hint Sky). I have a lot of gold tones in my decor so I decided to spray paint mine gold. I used Rust-oleum's Metallic spray, its definitely my favorite gold spray paint!

Add a poinsettia and you are set for the holidays!

So what do you think? Will you be trying this for yourself? 

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea!! This would look perfect with the Holiday decor!! Love it!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete