Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Top 10 Favorite Things To Do In Vegas

One of the great things about living in the Salt Lake area is that Vegas is only a 5 1/2 hour drive away! While I'm not a huge gambler (thats an understatement, playing $1 in a penny slot is a lot for me) or club goer, I still end up having such a fun time every time I go to Vegas. The gorgeous hotels, the amazing restaurants, and the shows and exhibits just can't be beat! This last trip was definitely one of the funnest vacations I have been on, so I thought I would share with you today my top 10 favorite things to do in Vegas!


The Bellagio is my favorite hotel. The decorations are beyond gorgeous and change with the seasons. The fall decor was up during my last trip, and the attention to detail was unreal. And let's not forget about the Bellagio fountains. I think it's impossible to stand by those and not imagine yourself in Ocean's 11. The fact that this is all free is just a plus:)


These shows are unreal. They are pretty pricey, but they are worth every penny. The performers are truly spectacular. We went to Mystere at Treasure Island during this last trip, and the performer's feats were so awe inspiring! Forgive the picture quality, I had to use my iPhone as regular cameras were not allowed inside the show.



This show is amazing. While I'm a huge Britney fan and was destined to love it, my husband who is not a Britney Spears fan was also blown away. It was the most dynamic performance I have seen. Even if you hate her music you will want to see this show. Trust me.

                       


Serendipity 3 is one of my favorite restaurants. We have made it a tradition to go every time we are in Vegas. Modeled after its New York City counterpart, the decor is absolutely adorable, the entrees and brunch are delicious, and the frozen hot chocolate is perfection. Ask to sit outside on the patio so you can people watch.


Located in Planet Hollywood, this is my favorite mall to shop in when I'm not looking for designer goods (go to the Venetian and Caesar's Palace for that). I bought a pair of low top Converse sneakers on this last trip at Miracle Mile. You can buy a pair here. They were the perfect shoe to walk around in all day.


I've always wanted to go to this so I was pretty excited when we got a chance on this last trip! I definitely have a new appreciation of the human body after this exhibit. It's located in the Luxor (the hotel shaped like a pyramid) which also houses the Titanic exhibit. It's a definite must-see!


Let's get this out of the way right now, the LVH is a dump. It's undergoing renovations, but it is not a nice hotel. However...the Benihana inside of it is awesome! It's the original Benihana, and the restaurant does a great job of making you feel like you are in a different country. It's a definite must-see! (I borrowed these pictures from LVH's site, my Iphone just couldn't quite pick up everything in the dim lighting).


This museum is awesome bordering on creepy. It's pretty crazy how lifelike all the figurines look. I absolutely had images of The House of Wax while walking around.  It's definitely something you need to experience at least once! You can find coupons online for discounted tickets!


Señor Frogs is pretty new to the Vegas scene. I've been to the one in Cancun, and this one is just as good. We went during the day, so we missed the craziness that happens at night, but the decor is great to look at, and the food is delicious and relatively inexpensive for Vegas!


If you can't make it to their San Francisco store then Vegas is the next best thing. Their sundaes are so yummy. They most likely have a billion calories, so find someone to split them with (like my cute mother-in-law), and you are set. My favorite thing to get is the strawberry hot chocolate fudge sundae. It's basically the best thing ever.

What are your favorite things to do in Vegas?

P.S. You only have one day left to enter to win our $50 Nordstrom Giftcard Giveaway! We will announce the winner on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And that hamburger looks AH-mazing right now. Penny slots are the way to go, so I'm with ya on that too :)

    xo Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete