Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blue Ribbon Chili


 Blue Ribbon Chili 
Happy Monday everyone! Fall means it's officially chili season! I'm from Texas and as you know, in Texas we take our chili very seriously. I discovered this recipe when Sky and I were newlyweds. He had never been a big fan of chili, but one bite of this recipe and he was sold. I have entered it into several chili cook-offs and won/placed every time.  If you aren't a chili fan, this recipe might be just the thing to make you into one! Enjoy!

Recipe

Ingredients
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
8 oz Pace Salsa (Medium)
4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix

Directions
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and onion and sauté for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease.

2. Combine the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix, and kidney beans. Mix well.

3. Add the ground beef and onions.

4. Bring ingredients to a boil. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour.

5. I serve my chili with brown rice and cheese. People are always confused when I put rice in their bowls but they soon discover why. Try it!







4 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy!! I am going to try this for sure. Nothing is better than a little chili on a fall day :)

    xo - Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete