Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Journey to the Everglades


This was a fun end to the trip. I'm always sad when a vacation is over, but to have one more excursion made it a little bit better. The Everglades have been on my bucket list for awhile. When I was little I was obsessed with crocodiles and alligators..they were my favorite animal (I'm pretty sure my mom still has the paper-mache' alligator I made in elementary school, it has marshmallow teeth). 

Anyways...moral of the story... I was pretty excited to see some alligators up close and personal. When we got to the Everglades we rode airboats around looking for gators. We didn't see very many, but it was still really cool to ride around in the airboat and see the landscape. It wasn't too hot or humid so that was a plus as well. The best gator sightings were actually by where the airboats took off. There was an enormous one right as you walked on to the gangplank that scared the pants off me when I saw it (see the second picture in this post). After the airboat tour we went to a short show that showed some keepers handling alligators and feeding them. It was amazing how close they were able to get to them! All in all it was a great experience and it marked off a bucket list item. We would definitely recommend making a stop in the Everglades next time you are in Florida.

This ends our posts about our adventures from our Caribbean vacation, but don't forget to check in tomorrow for our favorites for the week... and get excited about getting back to our regular programming next week!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment