Wednesday, October 1, 2014

4 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Time To Run

Hi Everyone! 

I am so excited to introduce today's guest blogger! I discovered Natalie on Facebook when my friend kept liking her posts. At the time she was getting ready to be married and her wedding prep, pictures, memes, and hysterical stories got me hooked. Plus she was from Texas (and loves Whataburger) so how could you not want to stalk her blog? Natalie keeps me laughing with her Never Serious Blog. I know you all will be hooked on it too after her post today. Enjoy!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Hi LBJ readers! 

I'm stoked to be guest posting for Brook & Jane today. My name is Natalie, and I'm the blogger/lunatic/creative genius behind Never Serious Blog. Please, please - hold your applause. Never Serious Blog Beginner Running Tips After a pretty sweaty summer, Fall is finally here. Back are the bucket lists, scarf collections, and pumpkin spiced lattes. I love it all, but every year, there's one aspect of Fall that I love the most - RUNNING! I tend to spend the entire summer laying around in a puddle of my own sweat just counting down the days until Fall, and it praise the Lord, we've finally made it. Some of you may be looking for a place to start with running, so today I'm here to give you 4 reasons why NOW is the best time to hit the pavement. 
1) Cooler Weather Depending on where you live, this one may or may not be as big of a deal- but in Texas, it's a HUGE. We've had a sweltering summer, and are still hovering in the low 90's and high 80's. But these cool fall mornings are magical. It's just a fact that most people perform better in lower temps, and these cool weather runs are what I'm living for. I'm feeling stronger, faster, more confident, and a lot less sweaty. Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset 2) Fun Fall Races Think your Halloween Dashes and your Turkey Trots. If you're just starting out and are looking for a good first race, fall is the perfect time. Most major towns (and even a lot of small ones) have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas themed races. They're a ton of fun, are family friendly, and are an awesome way to motivate yourself to keep in shape as the holidays are approaching. (Even Runner's World agrees! They just published an article on the 10 Best Fall Races!) Turkey Trot Costume 
3) Keeping the "Holiday Weight" Off! Hi. My name is Natalie and I love dessert. Bring on the pumpkin pie, the apple crisp, and gingerbread cookies - I want it ALL. During the Fall and winter, my calender is full of parties and get-togethers. I don't know about you, but the holidays are definitely not the time of year that I like to say "No thank you!" to all those treats. I want to indulge! Running through the fall and winter keep me feeling good about myself and help me rid the guilt that sometimes comes with the second helping of Thanksgiving dinner. NSB Pumpkin Pie 
  4) Enjoying those Fall Colors I'm obsessed with fall colors. Pink sunrises and orange sunsets? Crunchy red leaves? I'm convinced there's no prettier time of year. Fall Colors And that's why, in my humble opinion, there's no better time of year to run than Fall! So really - what are you waiting for? Lace up and hit the pavement! And if you're a beginner who may be looking for a place to start, be sure to check out my 8 Simple Tips for New Runners. Happy Humpday! LOVE&HUGS, Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment