Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sarah's French Boudoir Themed Lingerie Party

Hi Everyone! Today we are resharing our very first post featuring the bachelorette party I threw for my best friend last year. We have tons of new followers since our first post, and we thought you all would enjoy seeing the party since you most likely missed it the first time!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I recently had the privilege of being the Maid of Honor for my gorgeous and talented best friend, Sarah. While I plan on posting tips and tricks on how to throw the perfect bachelorette weekend, as well as DIYs, I thought I would start out by showing y'all the French boudoir themed lingerie party that I put together for her.

I threw the shower at The Spencer House in The Colony, TX. It's a Victorian mansion in the middle of the city, and its seriously the coolest place. It was the perfect setting to create the vintage feel that I was going for.

The invite, complete with lingerie insert.

I loved the invites. Anything pink and black and I'm game. I found them off of Etsy for super cheap, the lady sent me the template, and then I had them printed at a local print shop. It saved me tons of money!










Chalkboard anything looks pretty fantastic. I found this idea here, and knew I had to have it for the shower.

These puff balls were a beast to make. My mom and I found the link from here. I think they turned out perfect!

The Favors

I found a recipe for raspberry lemon bath scrub from here, and thought it would be the perfect favor for a boudoir themed shower. The bath scrubs smelled amazing, looked amazing, and seriously make my skin like silk. I may or may not have taken a few for myself;) I printed the labels from here.






I thought it would be fun to drink out of vintage milk glasses, but they are so dang expensive. My mom, who is seriously the most creative person ever, told me that a lot of people had been using Starbucks Frappucino bottles as milk glasses. We bought a case from Costco, had people drink them, and then took the labels off and attached lace and ribbon with glue dots. So cute.

The gorgeous bride


I think that food labels make everything fancy so I knew we had to have some at the shower. I wanted the chalk look, but didn't want to spend money or time spraying chalkboard paint. My mom and I found the idea of chalkboard printables on the internet from here. We then printed them out, and put them in cute gold vintage frames that my mom happened to have already.


Are these cookies not the cutest thing you have ever seen. I asked Sarah's friend Kelly to make them, and to use this as inspiration. She completely blew me away.



This cake is from Kroger! Looks way fancier than that huh? We asked them to make us a pink cake, and then I made a cake bunting from a design I found off the internet and attached them to the vintage straws we were using for everything else.



Christmas lights wrapped in white tulle. You can use this idea for any event just by changing the color of the tulle.

I thought it would be fun to do a Photo Booth at the lingerie shower so Sarah could have more pictures of who was able to make it. I downloaded free Photo Booth props off the internet, attached them to the vintage straws I had ordered, and set up a white sheet behind a window. It ended up being quite the hit, and now Sarah has tons of pictures!





Sarah's bridal party. Hottest bridal party everrrrrr.



My mom found vintage lingerie that we incorporated throughout the rooms.


I bought this eiffel tower from Hobby Lobby, and then made alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.


And of course the biggest key to a successful lingerie shower is the lingerie itself. Sarah got so much! Evan was a lucky guy;)


I ordered these stickers from Etsy and had them personalized for Sarah. We then stuck them on the bottom of gold Kisses and Rolos, and put them in a jar in the gift room for people to snack on. It's all about the details y'all!

Clothespin Game
 Each guest was given three clothespins and a list of words they weren't allowed to say. You have to use words that people would normally say at a lingerie party so I outlawed Sarah, Evan, bride, groom, wedding, marriage, honeymoon, and lingerie. It was so funny watching people catch others saying the words, and then stealing their pins. Whoever got the most pins won a prize. 


 And last but not least a picture of Jax, my little sister, who made an appearance. Isn't she the cutest?



Questions for you:

Have you thrown a fun party lately?

Where do you get your ideas from?

Do you use Etsy?




19 comments:

  1. The details are so cute! Looks so fun!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, what a gorgeous shower- everything looked amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decor! I bet you all had a blast
    xo Jaime
    www.therealfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shower! Such a lucky bride! Beautiful pictures!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink and black theme! Everything is gorgeous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful decor, looks like such a great time!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous event I love all of the DIY details!

    Xo Miss Erin
    See what I have to say at:
    www.misserinsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so cute and creative!!
    xo, claudia
    www.chroniclesofclaudia.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea! I love all of the decor and the spread looks amazing!

    Heidi
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Lovely photos! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swooning over this! Love the post, gorg! Have a lovely Sunday! Xo

    Evolution of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun party & the details are all amazing!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool party! The bride is beautiful!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Article is nice, very interesting topics. Wondering if you review about HouseOfBrides.com, its one of the most reputable wedding store I have seen by far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a blasting bachelorette party!! You did wonderful job for your best friend Sarah. Everything was just perfect. My sister is also going to host a bridal shower party for her best friend at the domestic party halls in Boston MA. I’ll tell her about your inspirational party to get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete